South Dakota Certified Ready Sites Program
There are four site classifications from which applicants may choose one to apply:
- Business Services/Research and Development Sites include, but are not limited to, office, business services and support or research and development activities.
- Light Industrial Sites are sites that are zoned for light industrial or the equivalent zoning designation and are generally characterized by a use that is non-compatible with commercial or residential areas and typically have less impact on a community's infrastructure.
- Heavy Industrial Sites are sites that are zoned for heavy industrial or the equivalent zoning designation and are generally characterized by a use that would be non-compatible with commercial or residential uses and has a significant impact on community infrastructure.
- Mega Sites are heavy industrial sites in excess of 300 contiguous acres.
- Business Services / Research & Development (pdf)
- Light Industrial (pdf)
- Heavy Industrial (pdf)
- Mega Site (pdf)
- Application Deadlines: Ongoing
Applicants must submit one (1) paper copy of the application and one (1) paper copy of the attachments. All attachments will be organized in a three-ring binder and identified in the same manner as the application. All attachments must also by clearly labeled by section and subsection. The applicant must also submit the application and attachments in electronic format. The application must be signed, under the penalties of perjury, by a duly-authorized representative of the applying organization.
Send completed application and attachments to:
Governor's Office of Economic Development
Attn: Certified Ready Site Program
711 E. Wells Ave., Pierre, SD 57501
NOTE: DO NOT SEND THE ORIGNAL ATTACHMENTS. All the original documents should be retained by the applicant.